Thursday, April 25, 2013

Independent Component 2

Literal
A) I, Jacob Ruiz, affirm that I completed my Independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
B) Miriam Tennant.
C) To Follow Soon, waiting to get spreadsheet from museum.
D) Basically, this independent component, I worked at the museum again. Instead of busy work and other random assignments, I worked mainly on main events, especially the Art Unveiling, where I prepared a little history on each photo of West Covina dating back from the early 1900's to the 70's. I also helped to get the event ready, only to find out I was unable to attend. All of this along with standard music work, and the occasional tour of the museum made up my independent component.

Interpretive
This really helps to bring people in and make them interested, something that teachers really want. They want their students to take an interest. Just researching the history alone on each of these 20 photos and their subject matters, such as Lark Ellen, and our First Mayor, help report writing skills, research skills, and the skill to relate all of this broken down to others in an understandable, and simple way. I have photos on the Museum camera, they will follow soon also, considering it is not my camera.

Applied
This helped to answer my EQ in showing how to teach people in a way that kept them interested, and helped them understand. Something that Checking for Understanding, and Engaging Activities help in. The event itself, was an engaging activity to help the community learn a bit more about their cites past, and even the people who come into the museum, it is essentially, a big, engaging activity. Something to capture their attention, and ensure they are learning more than they could in a book.

































































No comments:

Post a Comment